Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one chime in with a pic. I installed a 3.5 RK Flex kit on my 2016 JKUHR. I originally mis-read the instructions for the rear sway bar brackets and drill and tapped new holes one inch back. this lead to the right rear sway bar link bottoming out on the rear track bar mount. Of course noticing mu issue I moved them back to the original holes, no problem.

I have since installed RK adjustable rear upper and lower arms, therefor assuming it is now an X-Factor setup which the directions state move the sway bar mounts back an inch. So I did that last night when installing the arms.

I of course am still using the factory rear sway bar links, but it is still the same issue. Before I waste money on new (longer links), will this fix the issue of am I missing something, please help.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started with a flex but have since installed all rear RK control arms. Hence I believe it is similar to the x-factor.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did all that it, I talked with Northridge 4x4 and the problem seems to be the links, they are the longer ones for a Flex kit. My swaybars are not parallel with the ground they are tipped down (so links are too short). Will disconnect and take some measurements tonight to see what the new length I need is.

Are yours adjustable or fixed length?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Can some one chime in with a pic. I installed a 3.5 RK Flex kit on my 2016 JKUHR. I originally mis-read the instructions for the rear sway bar brackets and drill and tapped new holes one inch back. this lead to the right rear sway bar link bottoming out on the rear track bar mount. Of course noticing mu issue I moved them back to the original holes, no problem.

I have since installed RK adjustable rear upper and lower arms, therefor assuming it is now an X-Factor setup which the directions state move the sway bar mounts back an inch. So I did that last night when installing the arms.

I of course am still using the factory rear sway bar links, but it is still the same issue. Before I waste money on new (longer links), will this fix the issue of am I missing something, please help.
Can you post pictures how you have them mounted, I want to make sure you have the hardware in the proper way and also the links them selves! Or if you wanna call me in the office you can (518)-270-9822) Ask for Chad

Thanks RK

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Yes I did all that it, I talked with Northridge 4x4 and the problem seems to be the links, they are the longer ones for a Flex kit. My swaybars are not parallel with the ground they are tipped down (so links are too short). Will disconnect and take some measurements tonight to see what the new length I need is. Are yours adjustable or fixed length?
Adjustable Synergy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok here are the pics, first one shows the sway bar mount and the new holes (not used yet one inch back from original)

Second pic shows the upper control arm installed and that the upper sway bar link is very close to the track bar mount.

Third shows that if I move the sway bar mounts back an inch to the required hole for the X-Factor kit it will be right on the track bar mount.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If someone can post a pic of their X-Factor rear sway bar mount and front bar connector with link I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nevermind I'm an idiot.........the sway bar links are on the wrong side of the swaybar. Sometimes you just have to take a step back. This is what happens when you let two buddy's help you with the install so they can learn and you don't remove everything yourself.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts