Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put one on?...any noticeable difference good or bad?
i am thinking of doing this cuz I have now had to put a second xmember (the stupid chincy tube in front of the loop) on from smackin rocks
i have put the old style x member skid plate design that was recalled and that seems to be a little stronger but still smacked it again and the loop is touching the x member again and rattles...got the grinder out and made a "pocket" for the pipe but really want to get rid of that loop!...sooooo anyone???
Cameron

·
OVRLNDR
1,802 Posts
My understanding is that the loop was included in the design of the exhaust to promote scavenging. Basically helps pull the exhaust from the cylinder and makes it more efficient. The makers of the loop delete say it creates for power but I have yet to see an actual dyno.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The loop keeps the runners to the Y at equal lengths. Which in turn helps scavenging and power. I can't see how shortening one runner would improve performance.

Though removing that loop, at most, might lose 1-2 HP and 1-2 ft/lbs of torque. If that. Not enough to be noticeable.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The loop keeps the runners to the Y at equal lengths. Which in turn helps scavenging and power. I can't see how shortening one runner would improve performance. Though removing that loop, at most, might lose 1-2 HP and 1-2 ft/lbs of torque. If that. Not enough to be noticeable.
are you sure they are equal lengths, I was under there yesterday and the drivers side pipe comes down and heads straight back, the passenger side comes down, crosses over and has a loop in it. I didn't actually measure them but the passenger side even without the additional loop appears longer.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you sure they are equal lengths, I was under there yesterday and the drivers side pipe comes down and heads straight back, the passenger side comes down, crosses over and has a loop in it. I didn't actually measure them but the passenger side even without the additional loop appears longer.
exactly my thought...i know they put it in there to scavange but it is longer then the other side so putting the delete pipe on should get them closer..that loop is a joke how low it hangs and so close to that stupid bar.Was hoping someone has put one on so we can hear if it works or not..IE loss of power, rough runnin or throws a code I doubt it would throw a code but ya never know
Cameron

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Those loop deletes have been on integrated manifold engines for as long as I can remember. They are snake oil plain and simple. The loops are there because of the firing order of the cylinders. Go digging up pics of different engines with integrated headers. Now look at the firing order of these engines, then look at which ones have loops. You'll see a pattern.

There have been dynos done on numerous other platforms that show actual hp loss. I've never seen a loop delete do anything good.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Exactly. The loop is there to extend running length to help with scavenging. Removing it will lead to HP loss. Which is what I said earlier. I guess equal length runners isn't a factor in these engines like it is in V8's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts