Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any issues with high Mileage on these engines. 125k etc. looking to purchase a 2012-2013
Some have 107k and 125k
What do these 3.6 handle

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think as long as it's been maintained, I don't think it would be an issue.

My JK, I bought with 80k on it and it was meticulously maintained - so, it made me more comfortable buying it.

The 3.6 engine is used across multiple platforms - and seems to be pretty reliable for the most part.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Just what to make sure that these engines can handle 100k + without a real problems

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 2013 with 110,000. No major issues, although I have had to replace the oil pressure sensor twice. As long as it's been maintained, you'll likely be fine.

Also, the spark plugs and coils are supposed to be replaced at the 100,000 mile mark.

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
What about getting a 2012 with 113k does that sound ok.
Check the maintenance history, drive it, and check it over. If you're not sure how to check a used vehicle take it to a shop you trust and have them check it for you.

113K is nothing for a well maintained vehicle, OTOH it could be a money pit if you don't know how to check it over.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
2013 JKU, auto, and I crossed the 100k miles mark a couple of months ago, currently at 107k miles, bought it used with 30k, I've spent money in mods for the most part, as the repairs so far have been axel seals, other than that I've had zero issues with the engine or trans, Knocking on wood, she runs like new, zero leaks, zero squeaks, and asides from changing her fluids and normal maintenance items, I just pump gas and drive it eveyday, offroad every other weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts