Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I believe the speed density system the 3.6 has(rather than a MAF sensor) would not see the benefit of ported throttle body or a CAI, unless a tune is included in the upgrade. My $0.02.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my guess also, no tune= no substantial gains. Though some owners dyno results showed a few hp gain. The TB isn't actually fully ported either, it's ported before & after the butterfly, so the butterfly is still the oem size.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do they sell a chip,for the 012 yet

I got a 3.8l I got the super chip first them letter I got the bigger throttle body and it made a huge difference. My wrangler is almost pen star quick.

Also more air is more air whether its tuned ore not, I'm sure tuning will help you reach it's full potential, but I don't see how adding more air will not effect it. Think like adding a k&n in t take more air = more power

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mopar2Ya said:
No tune yet for the 3.6L Pentastar engine. Maybe in ten yrs... lol Meanwhile IIRC the 5.0L Ford Coyote engine had tunes before it hit the street.
Dame I want to buy an 2012-13 but I love power and I want my jeep to smoke my buddies. Fj off and on the road

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mopar2Ya said:
It will depend on your gearing/options a goolging shows the fj 0-60 ~7.2.
I,don't know but I've done a few things to my jk 3.8 and that fj kills me in power

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I,don't know but I've done a few things to my jk 3.8 and that fj kills me in power
My bad I was thinking you had a 3.6. I'm very surprised at the 0-60 times of the fj w/only ~260hp, it must be made out of tin foil to accomplish those times.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mopar2Ya said:
My bad I was thinking you had a 3.6. I'm very surprised at the 0-60 times of the fj w/only ~260hp, it must be made out of tin foil to accomplish those times.
I weighs just a little more then a JKU, pretty sturdy it's a good truck I like them but I like my jk better,

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I weighs just a little more then a JKU, pretty sturdy it's a good truck I like them but I like my jk better,
The fj is approximately 200lbs less than the JKU, which will help the fj's 0-60 times(but 7.2 is still oddly quick for a 260hp suv).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mopar2Ya said:
The fj is approximately 200lbs less than the JKU, which will help the fj's 0-60 times(but 7.2 is still oddly quick for a 260hp suv).
Really dam I always though my truck was lighter I use it as an excuse to make them pull out the bigger trucks that go Mudding with use haha. What the pick up on an 012 I know it waaaaaaaaaaaay faster then mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts