Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 3.73 (auto). Is it normal for the Jeep to feel "sluggish" or like its in a lower gear while coasting in heavy traffic? It takes off great and cruises highways with ease.

Any comments would be great! Thx!

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Not sure what you mean. Is your acceleration sluggish in stop-n-go traffic? What does lower gear have to do with the situation?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean. Is your acceleration sluggish in stop-n-go traffic? What does lower gear have to do with the situation?
Not sluggish - just feels like its in a lower gear - like i'm in 1st or 2nd. Almost like it's creeping, not rolling

·
Registered
852 Posts
So are you saying it feels like it slows drastically when you roll off the throttle at highway speeds?

Aerodynamics plays a big part at highway speeds.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are you saying it feels like it slows drastically when you roll off the throttle at highway speeds? Aerodynamics plays a big part at highway speeds.
No - just when compared to driving a 3.21 in stop and go traffic, the 3.73 seems like it creeps more, not rolls

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 3.73 (auto). Is it normal for the Jeep to feel "sluggish" or like its in a lower gear while coasting in heavy traffic? It takes off great and cruises highways with ease.

Any comments would be great! Thx!
Its the trans and its normal try this get up to highway speed with nobody behind you and hit the breaks some what hard and let off you should feel the trans down shift to aid in stopping and it will stay in the lower gear till you hit the gas again. I have the same trans in my srt8 charger I use auto stick mode alot to better manage the trans.

P.s. in situations like you described I will manually put it in 5th gear so that it will coast .

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its the trans and its normal try this get up to highway speed with nobody behind you and hit the breaks some what hard and let off you should feel the trans down shift to aid in stopping and it will stay in the lower gear till you hit the gas again. I have the same trans in my srt8 charger I use auto stick mode alot to better manage the trans. P.s. in situations like you described I will manually put it in 5th gear so that it will coast .
Great advice. I'll try it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its the trans and its normal try this get up to highway speed with nobody behind you and hit the breaks some what hard and let off you should feel the trans down shift to aid in stopping and it will stay in the lower gear till you hit the gas again. I have the same trans in my srt8 charger I use auto stick mode alot to better manage the trans. P.s. in situations like you described I will manually put it in 5th gear so that it will coast .
Great advice. I'll try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts