Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced a jeeps 3.8 with a 3.8 out of a dodge/Chrysler mini van.
I have a 09 Jeep with engine code 1 that has started knocking and thinking of installing a low km's 08 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8 engine code L into it and swapping over all of my parts including the oil pump and pan. Are the code 1 and code L engines the same internally? I've looked into alldata and specs are the same, but don't know how accurate the info is. Auto wreckers claim they are completely different. I wonder if they are telling me the because they rather sell me a low k Jeep engine for around 3-4 thousand Canadian than a mini van low k engine for under a grand Canadian.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Sorry I don’t know the answer but following because I’m curious too...and welcome!

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
Doubt a transverse mounted block will interchange with a longitudinal mount

I Know you cannot used the common 2.4 used in PT cruiser and neon in place of the same design Jeep 2.4
Sad because Jeep 2.4 block is damn near unavailable and same design is transverse mount is everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doubt a transverse mounted block will interchange with a longitudinal mount

I Know you cannot used the common 2.4 used in PT cruiser and neon in place of the same design Jeep 2.4
Sad because Jeep 2.4 block is damn near unavailable and same design is transverse mount is everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Hi Digger84, if I'm not mistaken both long blocks are the same externally and have the same engine mount bolting in the same locations. The only difference would be the mounts for a transverse. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
Like you would expect you get to post 31 before he bothers to notice mount holes on block for motor mounts are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts