Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've check plug wires, the jeep only has 21,000 miles even though it's an 08. I've tried sea foam fuel injection cleaner. I've ran super for the last 4 tanks of gas. It's got JBA headers superchips throttle body, trail dash programmer and afe intake. Doesn't do it all the time. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I personally would go to autozone and get a throttle body gasket and die-electric cleaner. Then undo everything connected to the throttle body and remove it. On the back-side, you will see lots of black "soot" (for lack of better words). Clean this off and re-install the throttle body using the new gasket.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I thought it was a different TB but it was just a red spacer. Still learning Jeep!! Lol

View attachment 1888034
21k miles is pretty much a baby for anything really dirty. What kind of rough idle? Like a cylinder is missing? Running super won't do anything for you unless you have a tune that requires higher octane. If you suspect a dirty injector, get some concentrated fuel injector cleaner and run it with ~1/4 tank of gas at a higher RPM. Just for thoughts, but is your rough idle when the AC kicks in?

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,851 Posts
$(KGrHqVHJCUE63(+wHoyBO64PLcYsg~~60_35 cheveron tech.jpg

05078 crc.jpg

I would try running the Techron fuel injector cleaner.
Also as previously mentioned, clean your Throttle Body. The CRC product, is what you should use for proper cleaning!!!!

These two items won't cost you a lot of money, and just may be your solution!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've check plug wires, the jeep only has 21,000 miles even though it's an 08. I've tried sea foam fuel injection cleaner. I've ran super for the last 4 tanks of gas. It's got JBA headers superchips throttle body, trail dash programmer and afe intake. Doesn't do it all the time. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks
I have a 2011 JK Sport. I have 55k miles on it. I took it to my mechanic and he told me to run at least three tanks of Chevron gas with Techron through it. I did but it did not improve the rough idle. Took it back today and had them replace the plugs & wires. They told me the two of the plug wires fell apart when the tech went to remove them. No more rough idle!

·
Registered
271 Posts
That explains why I have a one different spark plug wire on my 2011 JKU. Well at 80K its time to replace them all any way. But I had a very bad experience with a 3.8 in a mini van and hope history doesn't repeat itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts