Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 rubicon with a 3.5" suspension lift and 32" Toyo a/t tires and I have 12 mpg I haven't done a gear ratio change but I have a volcano air intake and seen no mpg improvements. Any suggestions what to do?

·
Retired Moderator
100,503 Posts
I moved you to the JK General Forum.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Re-gearing the axles will help some but don't expect real gains any other way. You gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
678 Posts
32" tires? I hope that's a typo.

Regearing like Mike said is the only way to get back performance. Assuming that's a typo

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Return the Volcano intake and put the money toward gears. If they won't take it back tell them you will do a you tube video that shows no performance gain.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Heck, my 2011 Sahara came stock with 32" tires and I can get 20 if I take it easy and stay out of the Hill Country.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do I have 32" tires but I get 12.1mpg idk why it's so low. Do you guys know the best economy preformance chips

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
My buddy put a Bully Dog on his 10 JKU. Best thing he has done. 37's 5.13 gears lifted and flat fenders. 14 to 15 in town and 17 on the road. BTW he has the 87 octane tune on it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have an 07 JKUR with 37s. I get 11 mpg.

I keep my tires inflated on road, I have a bullydog tuner, every 6 months I clean the throttle body, air filter, pcv valve and spark plugs. Sometimes I even get 12mpg!!

Once I Regear from 4:10 to 5:13 we will see what happens but honestly bud, that almost as good as it gets lol.

·
Registered
34,433 Posts
I have 4.10 in my 07 and 35" tires with the River Raider snorkel, 3" Cat back magnflow exhaust & the Hypertech programmer and I get about 15.3 MPG on the highway and about 13.6 MPG in town.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sounds like the other 3.8s out there get decent mpg. Im the minority lol...

Thats good to hear for the rest of you outcast 3.8ers floating around out there.

It must be a weight thing. Ethel could stand to lose a few lbs eh?

At 6000 lbs. Id say we both need to lose some back bacon. Less oil for Ethel, less Beer for me.

(b) B-) 8-} |-O :-&

1 - 11 of 11 Posts