Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have this laughable 3" body lift that came with the Jeep. After looking into it, it seems a huge pain to remove it considering I don't have any of the old parts. To add more pain to the pain, looks like they did a shackle extension and some other fun stuff when the lift was put on so bringing it back to stock would be difficult.

That said, I do still want to add a Rough Country suspension lift to accommodate taller tires for the fun in the mud. Looking at a 4" suspension lift. What's the max height of tire I can run with this combination on my YJ? 35 inch? 38 inch?

I wouldn't want to go bigger than 38s, but that would be ideal if they will fit without rubbing.

Denis

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The body lift would be easy to remove. You just take out the bolts and get some grade 8 bolts the same size, but 3" shorter. That and moving the radiator back to position. That is about it. As far as gooing with 38's on 7" of lift I think it can be done, but I doubt you will pull that off without doing some serious trimming and front flat fenders.
Just food for thought, my 90 YJ with 3" body lift and 33's with rear locker goes where others with 38's cannot go. plus I am not killing my axles with huge tires and still have some power.

Good luck

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
upgrade your axles first...38's need dana 60's, or the like.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Got my jeep with a 3 inch bl and I put a 4 inch RC suspension lift on it. I'm running 35's on Dana 60s. 35's fill it out pretty well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts