Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a sweet deal on a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited with only 10,000 miles. It came with a 3" body lift, bushwacker fenders, and 33" Pro Comp mudders. I am not fond of body lifts, but the ride is pretty smooth. I have an opportunity to purchase a slightly used Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard Lift System with Pro Comp shocks for $400. What do you guys think? Would I be wise to swap out the BL with the RE? How much stiffer would the ride become?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
It all depends on the shocks... and the ProComp shocks are pretty weak IMO. They are just too stiff. The RE lift is also closer to 4" as the springs have a higher spring rate which might add to a stiffer ride.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I recently got a sweet deal on a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited with only 10,000 miles. It came with a 3" body lift, bushwacker fenders, and 33" Pro Comp mudders. I am not fond of body lifts, but the ride is pretty smooth. I have an opportunity to purchase a slightly used Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard Lift System with Pro Comp shocks for $400. What do you guys think? Would I be wise to swap out the BL with the RE? How much stiffer would the ride become?
depends on the shocks.. if they are the procomp es3000s.. when you get the kit, sell em and buy some better ones.. OME nitros or RE monotubes are some good shocks

and yes.. ditch the 3'' bl for the RE lift.. it'll perform better offroad

·
Banned
34 Posts
the RE lift will ride smoother then stock shocks....

they will be a little stiff with the pro comp shocks , im investing in old man emu shocks myself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts