Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody-
I know that a lot of guys on here do the new shocks with 2 inch coil spacers rather than new springs, however, I was wondering if anybody has installed 3 inch spacers. I found some for sale but I'm wondering if they're too high for spacers... I'd buy them and then the appropriate sized skyjacker shocks.

Pictures would be GREATLY appreciated if anybody has this set up, as I have not been able to find any. -Max:thumb:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I did the Skyjacker 2.25" BBL with the Hydro shocks and replaced the stock rubber Isolator pads with new .75" Isolator pads that are made of the same material as the spacers. So in essence I put in a 3" bbl in front, the Hydro shocks tht came with my kit are designed to work with a 3" lift kit. Mine works fine, rides good, I didn't get any vibes with that set-up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm going to go with 33's too, i wish i could find somebody with the actualy 3" spacers!

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I ran 2" spacers with a 1.25" BL for a while with no issues. Properly bumpstopped, you can even wheel well with that combo. For me, it was a nice springboard for my current lift allowing me to put on 33" tires at the time when I needed new tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts