Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Had it until I got the Trektop NX, well still have it I did run the safari top with windjammer and duster this summer though. There is so many combinations with this. I love to run this Spring/Summer/Fall. Add the Trektop windows back in for winter. If you have the door surrounds, then it is fairly water proof. Blowing rain can get in but not bad enough to worry.

Bikini/Windjammer/duster(tonneu)

Safari Bikini/Windjammer/duster

Windjammer removed

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
If you noticed in the second picture, I added some noodles between the door and rollbar. It help durning hard rain for spray coming into the cab

·
Registered
391 Posts

Mopar SunBonnet, Bestop Windjammer and Duster. I put an adjustable aluminum extension handle from a paint roller under the middle of the Duster to keep water from pooling up there. The Mopar top doesnt come back as far as the one pictured above, it ends at the backside of the Sport bar, with "wings" to cover the area over the speakers. It's also about $100 more. (It DOES have a couple microscopic JEEP tags sewn in to justify the extra $100, though...) You can completly forget about hearing your rear speakers with the windjammer in place. At a stop light the people around you can hear the stereo better than you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look good. Does it matter if you have a. Hardtop to begin with or do I need any soft top hardware?

·
Registered
176 Posts
i run the trektop nx, with the wraparound windjammer and duster cover. you dont need the soundbar cap for wraparound windjammer...i rigged velcro wraps through the plastic J-tabs.

the corners where the duster and windjammer do not overlap very well. there is also a gap between the door surround and the softop. a plastic bag can be ripped and shoved into the openings.

without the side window installed you will get water pooling on the trektop behind the speakers. you will also get water pooling on the duster as well.

ive been planning to do a review/thoughts for the 3 products but i have been lazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts