Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So now I am down to 2.5 inch Teraflex Lift kit or 3 inch Teraflex Lift Kit. Anyone ran the 3 inch lift kit by Teraflex on their JKU? How much modification did you have to do? Did you have to change the driveshafts out? How about the control arms? Can I use my stock one till later on down the road when I have more money saved? Please tell me somebody........ Decisions Decisions........ I want to put the Teraflex 3 inch lift kit that is sold on 4Wheelparts.com on my 2008 JKU unlimited X. Someone help me out!!!!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi all, So now I am down to 2.5 inch Teraflex Lift kit or 3 inch Teraflex Lift Kit. Anyone ran the 3 inch lift kit by Teraflex on their JKU? How much modification did you have to do? Did you have to change the driveshafts out? How about the control arms? Can I use my stock one till later on down the road when I have more money saved? Please tell me somebody........ Decisions Decisions........ I want to put the Teraflex 3 inch lift kit that is sold on 4Wheelparts.com on my 2008 JKU unlimited X. Someone help me out!!!!!
You can get away with everything in the kit and the remaining stock components its just not ideal. Driveshafts arent going to go backing out of the driveway, just remember the lift is not finished and when funds allow add the rest. Or piece by piece.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I think you can get away with just the lift and an adjustable front trac bar long term as long as you keep an eye on the front drive shaft. Take a look at the lift without shocks and get some Rancho 9000s you will have a smooth ride. I went with the 2.5 and if I did it over again I would go with the 3".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you can get away with just the lift and an adjustable front trac bar long term as long as you keep an eye on the front drive shaft. Take a look at the lift without shocks and get some Rancho 9000s you will have a smooth ride. I went with the 2.5 and if I did it over again I would go with the 3".

I will look at what lift costs without shocks if there is an option. Thanks again for input. Maybe in a month or 3, then i can change both driveshafts out. Is that too long to of a wait. Main commute is 45 mins one way on freeway to work. What about the brake lines? Do i need extensions or what?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Commuting isn't the issue. The lift probably won't change the angles enough to affect the drive shaft on the road, though if you don't install and exhaust spacer the boot might get fried. It's probably more of a concern off-road where the suspension is flexing and the DS reaches it's limits. Looks like the three inch comes with brake lines for at least the front. The 2.5 has relocation brackets. Good enough for modest off-roading and you can upgrade later.

From what I can tell, the half inch is significant and you'll likely need to do more in the long run with the 3-inch. The 2.5 isn't as complete but it can probably be run as is in most situations. Honestly, I wish there was a good resource on the various lifts, their actual vs. stated lift height and what mods are usually required. There is a lot of variables but it would be a start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts