Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know the cheapest place to get a set of 3" lift front coils...? And how much of a hassle to get them in?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
dont go with cheap. But if you want good springs for around $250 shipped. Go with BDS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do i have to relocate the track bar...with 3" springs?...right now i have 2.5" spacer blocks on stock springs..didnt need a relocate

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
99tjinnh said:
Do i have to relocate the track bar...with 3" springs?...right now i have 2.5" spacer blocks on stock springs..didnt need a relocate
You "don't". But your rear axle will be off set to one side. As it is already. There not expensive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess i dont understand the mechanics of it..lol.....im looking to put the springs in the front...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was told i could just drill a new hole to mount the track bar..about 3/4" outside stock hole...?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
99tjinnh said:
Was told i could just drill a new hole to mount the track bar..about 3/4" outside stock hole...?
I've heard that to. I dont know. If your looking for just the front your fine

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I got a set of Tera 3 inchers I would let go for $125 plus shipping, nice riding springs...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
DevilDogDoc said:
I got a set of Tera 3 inchers I would let go for $125 plus shipping, nice riding springs...
New BDS front springs are cheaper then that before shipping and with their no B.S. warranty.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I've heard that to. I dont know. If your looking for just the front your fine
Huh? The front axle moves over when lifted too. You can drill a new hole, but you need to weld a plate over the axle bracket to re-enforce it. Didn't I go over this with you Trav?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So if i do rear also...can i redrill as well?... how do i determine where the new hole goes?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
So if i do rear also...can i redrill as well?... how do i determine where the new hole goes?
Not on the rear. You need an adjustable track bar, or a track bar relocation bracket.
For the front, simply measure how far the axle is off and drill the hole that far over. But you NEED to weld a plate over the bracket first, or it will crack and or pull out.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I ran this 3 inch lift for 2 years with the front offset about an inch, no issues at all. I also have the relocation bracket for the rear......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts