Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting the 3" zone lift and was wondering if anyone here is running it? If so I would love to see some pics. I'm also going to put duratrac 325/65/18 with some monster xd rims.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I don't know, from what I understand the only difference is pretty much the warranty.

I'll assume by your post count you already know the answer to this...

·
Registered
429 Posts
When I was shopping for a lift, the installer told me BDS manufacturers zone, main difference is the lifetime warranty include with the BDS, I think the zone warranty was limited .

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm looking at getting the 3" zone lift and was wondering if anyone here is running it? If so I would love to see some pics. I'm also going to put duratrac 325/65/18 with some monster xd rims.
I have the 3" zone lift sitting in my garage... I will be installing it (hopefully) in the next few days. I'll post pics up when I do.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe that BDS also makes JKS which is a little higher end. I have read some good stuff on JKS, but there are limited reviews.

·
Registered
321 Posts
amazing. thank you
Pre-lift this morning

After lift this afternoon

Still have the exhaust spacers to do (Zone) and the Geometry Correction Brackets (Rancho) to install in the morning. Then will be switching out the stock tires/wheels for 315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Chaos 5 wheels. Will post more pics tomorrow along with an "early" assessment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pre-lift this morning http://s20.photobucket.com/user/tucked/media/WranglerForum/IMG_20160304_104656.jpg.html After lift this afternoon http://s20.photobucket.com/user/tucked/media/WranglerForum/IMG_20160304_173226.jpg.html Still have the exhaust spacers to do (Zone) and the Geometry Correction Brackets (Rancho) to install in the morning. Then will be switching out the stock tires/wheels for 315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Chaos 5 wheels. Will post more pics tomorrow along with an "early" assessment.
Looking great so far. Can't wait too see it with the 35's

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looking great so far. Can't wait too see it with the 35's
Thank you very much. VERY happy with the outcome. Still didn't get the Rancho correction brackets installed (got lazy) but will in the next week or so. Here's the finished product.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you very much. VERY happy with the outcome. Still didn't get the Rancho correction brackets installed (got lazy) but will in the next week or so. Here's the finished product.

it looks amazing!! excuse my ignorance but what is a rancho correction bracket? hows does it ride?

·
Registered
321 Posts
it looks amazing!! excuse my ignorance but what is a rancho correction bracket? hows does it ride?
Thank you very much!

Instead of adjustable front control arms to get the geometry back in line with stock, it is a bracket that relocates the mounting points for the upper and lower control arms. A good "fix" without having to buy new control arms. I'm kind of glad I'm driving it without for a week or two so I can compare the with as well.

Ride is very good. As good as stock for sure. I went with the cheap zone shocks (for now) and they are adequate. I will upgrade shocks later just didn't want to spend even more $$$ at the same time of the lift. Would do it again (and probably will on my daughters 2015 2 door).

I will be making a long trip here in a couple of weeks in it. I will let you know my opinion after that trip as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts