Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All I just got done changing the stock instrument panel lights in the dash cluster with superbright leds.Hope you like em it sure does make the numbers POP.And for less than $30 and about an hours time I like the outcome

Rudy

Stock____________________________________________________________________________Blue Leds

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
I like it! Great Saturday afternoon project to get a custom look without replacing the whole cluster.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which lights did you use (link to a pic)? Is the illumination even thoroughout the whole dash?
Here's a link to the site that I got the lights from.Its the #74 bulb Tri Powered Leds. There availble in Blue,SuperWhite,Red,Green,Amber,And UV.I got 6 tri powered led with shipping for alittle under $27.00 First pic has the stock bulbs with a blue covering on them on the left and the TriPowered on the right.

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

And yes the illumination is even throughout the dash

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
looks great. which lights did you use?
can you make a little write-up how to change these lights...?
http://autolumination.com/74.htm

I'm sorry I didnt take picture on how to take the dash cluster out but.I did take a picture of the back of the cluster and which 5 bulbs were replaced.I ordered 6 lights just in case.

Tools I used were

Flat Screwdriver
#2 Philips Screwdriver
1/4" drive Rachet and a 1/4"socket
Needle nose pliers (fingers wouldnt reach to turn the bulb bases)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You can get them in other colors - green, super white, blue, amber...

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
I don't go to jeepforum.

I just checked that link since you said something and there is only 11 pages. My account is setup for 40 posts per page. Not the forum default.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have done that on mine too, but I went with super white. These were all 1 second exposures, so if there is any wiggle, that would explain it.

Some have mentioned not being able to use their dimmer. On my 97, the dimmer works just fine with these. Mine never worked all that much (ie I couldn't tell much difference between full bright and full dim, even with the regular bulbs), but it does adjust it a bit. The nice thing about the white is that even at full bright, it is not overpowering at all, just very clean.

I had considered the blue, as my stereo and switches are all blue, but I thought I'd get sick of looking at it after a while. I didn't want red, though if I could find a way to color my needles red and still have them light up, I'd do it. So white it was.

Here ya go.

Yes, I did this with the power all off, just pulled the lever to turn on the dashes, so no smartass comments about low RPM's, no gas, or battery or oil pressure. :p

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Is it the 1st ones there on the top?? The #74 Tri power bulbs? And do you have to orded those bases or do the fit already??

1 - 20 of 80 Posts