Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a set of 30-Spline Unit Bearings for my TJ. What are my options as far as brand, so far I've only seen Alloy USA and reviews are not that great for them.

I know there is a big debate over why bother with 30 spline axles, but I already have a new axle coming with 30 spline outers so I am going that route.

·
Knows a couple things...
48,837 Posts
The only 30 spline unit bearing hubs I've heard of are Alloy USA and you're right, the reviews on them are not good. You may need to also invest in manual hub conversion kit. Mine is a Warn. I'm not sure what's available in the aftermarket now other than from Randy's Ring & Pinion who bought Warn's manual hub line. Milemarker's manual hub kit, if it's even still for sale, doesn't have a stellar reputation either.

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
A recent thread discussing currently available options for manual hub conversion kits is here: https://wrangler**forum.com/threads/advice-needed-choosing-a-manual-locking-hub-conversion-kit.16093/ [Replace ** with TJ]

I am using the Yukon YA-WU-08 5x5.5 hub conversion kit on my Dana 44 Rubicon axle with 30-spline chromoly inner shafts. The Yukon YA-WU-07 5x4.5 manual hub conversion kit is also compatible with that axle.
I think OP was referring to 30 spline otters not inners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts