Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a true story, what if question. Let's say that someone, cough, cough, spent so much money on their jeep, that the bank sent them a $300 visa gift card. What would you buy for your rig with that $300. And.....GO!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Kind of a true story, what if question. Let's say that someone, cough, cough, spent so much money on their jeep, that the bank sent them a $300 visa gift card. What would you buy for your rig with that $300. And.....GO!
What do you have some far

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you have some far
Lift
wheels tires
rear bumper and tire carrier
3rd brake light
Grab handles
Tinted windows
Boom mat
GEAR tailgate panel
5" antennae
A few other things.

I'm considering a few options for the $300
1) CB
2) Air Compressor
3) seat covers and monstaliner.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
1) CB
2) Air Compressor
3) seat covers .
Should be able to get all these for $300 if you shop around. Check out the MV50 compressor.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the Slime x2 air compressor. It's not built to be on air but I don't care. Went wheeling with 3 friends. They all had their own setup. All spent 200 plus on air. I spent 60. I went from 15 to 36 lbs on all 4 tires then spent the rest of the time talking to the ladies that joined us as we all waited for them to finish airing up. Try it. You will like it and you will love the money you saved.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Weather Tech digital floor mats

·
Registered
92 Posts
rugged ridge snorkel. even if you don't play in the mud a lot you'll get a couple extra MPGs because of the ram air, or at least i did.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Cough up a little more for a front bumper? Second, the cb and air compressor both.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Alvarado beat me to it. But I second gas.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, gas is a kick in the butt. I use my motorcycle for commuting whenever possible. 42mpg and I get to split lanes.

I really like the weather tech products. I had the mats on my old exploder. I'm gonna go with the liners for the jeep. I had forgotten about them. But, they may be a part of this $300

I like the slime compressor. Just watched the video. How's it holding up long term?

I'll be honest, I'm probably not gonna get a snorkel. At this point it would be more form than function, since there's so much more involved to make the jeep "waterproof". Maybe somewhere down the road.

Okay so. CB, Air Compressor, (Slime or MV50), and floor liners. I wonder if I can fit all that into a $300 budget.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Date night for the wife! As a thank you for letting us indulge like kids! Lol
Troy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, gas is a kick in the butt. I use my motorcycle for commuting whenever possible. 42mpg and I get to split lanes.

I really like the weather tech products. I had the mats on my old exploder. I'm gonna go with the liners for the jeep. I had forgotten about them. But, they may be a part of this $300

I like the slime compressor. Just watched the video. How's it holding up long term?

I'll be honest, I'm probably not gonna get a snorkel. At this point it would be more form than function, since there's so much more involved to make the jeep "waterproof". Maybe somewhere down the road.

Okay so. CB, Air Compressor, (Slime or MV50), and floor liners. I wonder if I can fit all that into a $300 budget.
I haven't had the slime long. Have used it about 8 times. It's pretty solid. It feels heavy and can be mounted if done right. I'm trying to work on a way now. But for now I set it in the engine compartment and run the hose to all the tires. It's plenty long to reach the spare easily. It uses alligator clips and comes in a case. I would have to go through 4 or more of these to reach the cost of a lot of others.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
That isn't much for real Jeep mods. I'd save it for gas.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts