Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much trouble would this get me into? It seems as though it would bolt together without adapters. Steering and exhaust will be an issue. What else would be a problem? Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How much trouble would this get me into? It seems as though it would bolt together without adapters. Steering and exhaust will be an issue. What else would be a problem? Thanks
Rereading my post, I wasn't very clear. I have a 79 cj7 with a 304 V8 & T18 Trans I would like to go to an automatic with overdrive. The aw4 seems like an option in trying to avoid an adapter I could use a np231. Now the trouble begins, I already have yj springs up front, can I simply rework the exhaust? Will the front driveshaft clear the steering? Will the yj front end bolt up? Thanks for you input.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
1. The 304 has a different bellhousing pattern than the amc/jeep inline 6 motors so I would look at other transmissions/adapters like a 700r4.

2. The yj axle perches are set up a little wider than the CJ so it is not bolt in.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. The 304 has a different bellhousing pattern than the amc/jeep inline 6 motors so I would look at other transmissions/adapters like a 700r4.

2. The yj axle perches are set up a little wider than the CJ so it is not bolt in

Thanks, so much for that I guess if I change out the trans maybe I'll go gm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts