Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance that a 305/70/17 will fit a JK at stock height? They are the same price as 285/70/17, so I'll go bigger for the same money if they'll fit. They are supposed to be 34.4" tall and 12.4" wide on a 17x8.5 with 4.75 backspacing. 35s are supposed to go with a 2" lift, so I know this would be tight if it's even close.

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
I'm running 33x12.5x15 on my jk on 15x8 inch wheels without a problem. I wouldn't want to go any bigger than that on stock suspension or else there will be a lot of rubbing. The wheels I run have 3.75 inches of backspacing so there is no rubbing at full turn. With the 34.4 inch tire you are looking at, you will encounter some rubbing on your flares off road.

Overall, yes they should work. As long as you don't mind some rubbing. I'm sure others will chime in with more knowledge.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess worst case I could throw a 2" BB on it if they rub. My wife will be pissed, but she'll get over it.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Most "35s" are in fact in the 34" range, just like these. I've seen a few without lifts and, in my opinion, they look pretty silly--the fender is almost sitting on the tire. Might even hit the fenders going over speed bumps and the like. Budget boost!!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Well, they are probably closer to 33.8" diameter and will settle at approx--33.4" on install--

My Hankook Dynapro MT LT295/75x16 are 33.6" untill installed, then were 33.2" at 30psi and

Rubbed the hell outta my stock bumper intill my mods !!and

They were Spidertrax 1.5" spacer (adapters)--2.5" RC lift and new fenders/new bumpers-it's the never ending story !!

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that huge tires without a lift are goofy. I wasn't sure if this would go that far or not. I'll stick with the 285s. That way I won't have to recal the speedometer either.

I appreciate the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts