Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one I have a rubicon with what I believe to be a 3 1/2" RE lift. I just put 305 75 16's on it. The rear tires are about 3/4" away from the top spring mount. Is this too close that will cause a problem under flex. I have the stock rubicon rims on it. Thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just put 305-70-16's on my Moabs. I used Spidertrax 1.25 inch spacers. Rear clearance was not my first concern, but rubbing the front lower control arms were.

To answer your question, I am not sure, but I would look closely at your front clearance.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Alot of guys use the spacers . safe option Not in my mind .

If your going to do it do it right or don,t do it at all .

BANGER

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Is the rest of your rig set up for 35's is the question you should be asking not if your going to rub. Rubbing is the least of your concerns things like brakes and steering should be high up on the list of priorities.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are 33's x 12.5. It is a rubicon so the axles are 44's. I bought the wider tire cause they were cheaper not thinking about the rubbing. Not that I can afford to go either way(spacers or rims) right now. Just thinking I should be a little careful until I can change the rims out. The rear concerns me because of how close the upper sidewall is to the spring seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts