Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm having google block and need some advice or direction. I am looking at getting some 315/70R17 BFG KO2's in the C rating on my 2 door sport with 3.73's. I currently have stock Rubi wheels and heavier springs/red shocks. I also have a stock Rubi rock guard. Will these fit and if not any suggestions on what to add to my setup? I know it sounds crazy, but I do not want to go taller than I need to too because of a bad hip. With that said, I do not want to rub or severely limit my suspension travel. I am getting these taller tires for better off road clearance and to be a bit quieter than the KM's I currently have.

Thanks!
DAVE

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I just went through this myself on my 2017 hardrock. I ran the same tire without a lift. It was not offroadable. Moderate bumps on road would cause contact between the tires and inner fenders.

You most likely need to trim the rear of the rubi rock rails. A sawzall works wonderfully.

You need wheel spacers (1.5"). I went with G2 brand. However spidertrax is the industry leader.

You need highline fenders and/OR a lift (2-3") with appropriate bump stops. I went with metalcloak and have been very happy with my selection.

If you don't want to add height I would look into high clearance fenders. A local guy has the mopar hitop fenders on his jeep with 35's and it works well for him.

If you lift it or not I suggest a set of grab bars. (Grabars brand are nice but overpriced IMO, Chinese make knockoffs that are exact same for a fraction of the cost). I'm usually all about made in America. But for that particular purchase I could not justify the price difference.

Best of luck on your build. When you get the tires drop the PSI to 30.

Oh and an AEV PROCAL or Superchips F5 flashcal would be a wise purchase to correct the speedo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: deeve

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for the info. I did figure I would need to cut the sliders. Not a huge deal, but a little bit of work. With the spacers, will the tires stick out past the fenders?

·
Registered
853 Posts
thank you very much for the info. I did figure I would need to cut the sliders. Not a huge deal, but a little bit of work. With the spacers, will the tires stick out past the fenders?

You'll have to Cut your stock fenders in to flats for free or buy flat fenders besides having to get wheel spacers.i don't particularly like the way stock fenders look anyway with wider tires(to me it looks off since it'll be obvious that the new tire's are too wide/make your Jeep look like it's on roller skates).the flat fenders won't make it soo obvious that you have new/wider tire's as much in my opinion.

·
Registered
853 Posts
You'll have to Cut your stock fenders in to flats for free or buy flat fenders besides having to get wheel spacers.i don't particularly like the way stock fenders look anyway with wider tires(to me it looks off since it'll be obvious that the new tire's are too wide/make your Jeep look like it's on roller skates).the flat fenders won't make it soo obvious that you have new/wider tire's as much in my opinion.

My buddy has a 3.5" lift with 35" tires and 4.5 backspaced wheels and I think it still looks weird/like a roller skate with the stock fenders?after seeing my jkur....he's now shopping for flat fenders.even with my huge 37" gy mtr's and only a 2.5" tfx coil lift my jkur looks more uniform than his since I have flat fenders(bushwacker).

·
Registered
853 Posts
My buddy has a 3.5" lift with 35" tires and 4.5 backspaced wheels and I think it still looks weird/like a roller skate with the stock fenders?after seeing my jkur....he's now shopping for flat fenders.even with my huge 37" gy mtr's and only a 2.5" tfx coil lift my jkur looks more uniform than his since I have flat fenders(bushwacker).

stolen pic of 35" tire's and no lift/bushwacker flat fenders.the flats glide/taper out and with stock fenders besides not working with no lift....stock fenders don't taper outward...they will seem to end and come down short in to your wider tire's which to me kills the uniform look?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks..I like the look of that. Seems like the "biggest" obstacle I am facing is wheels (backspace) and fenders (clearance).

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right..what I am looking at will be even smaller, so I should be pretty good to go!
DAVE

·
Registered
853 Posts
And in that pic...those are full size 35" Goodyear mtr's.

I forgot to add...besides me thinking you're better off with a 35x12.5 tire(more uniform)...you'll probably also need to chop/stubby your front bumper and get a new tire carrier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts