Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

315/70r17 on Quadratec CJ Retro

2105 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  AustyPosty
Hi. I have a 2017 JK Chief and I'm looking at the Quadratec CJ Retro wheels. I'm also looking to move from the stock tire size of 255/75r17 to 315/70r17. I'm also planning on a 2.5" lift, but from what I can tell, the 5.2 offset would still be pretty close in clearance on the sway bar etc. without using spacers.

Has anyone run those wheels (or other 5.2" backspace wheels like AEV) with 315/75r17? Trying to avoid spacers if I can.

Thanks!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I have run AEV wheels with 5.2" of backspacing. No issues with anything less than a 37" tire. Even with the 37" tire it was only slight rubbing on the front lower control arms.
Reactions: 1
Nice, good to know. Using the online tools always gives you the math, but it doesn't always means it works in the real world. Thanks!
I have run AEV wheels with 5.2" of backspacing. No issues with anything less than a 37" tire. Even with the 37" tire it was only slight rubbing on the front lower control arms.
Hope I’m not reviving a dead thread, just doing research… do you recall what lift height you were at when running 37s on those AEV wheels?
Hope I’m not reviving a dead thread, just doing research… do you recall what lift height you were at when running 37s on those AEV wheels?
@GuzziMoto hasn't posted in a while, so hopefully he doesn't mind me chiming in for him. If I recall correctly, it is a 2.5" lift, from TeraFlex I believe.
Are 4:10 gears doable with a lighter 315? obviously much better with 285/70 but thinking about upsizing as well. Zero off-road, pleasure/cruiser veh only. Also, the tire carrier should hold the 285/70 but not 315 correct?
Are 4:10 gears doable with a lighter 315? obviously much better with 285/70 but thinking about upsizing as well. Zero off-road, pleasure/cruiser veh only. Also, the tire carrier should hold the 285/70 but not 315 correct?
Yeah I would say you’ll be perfectly fine with 4.10s and 35s
Reactions: 1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts