Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come my 315s only actually measure out to 33 inches? I want 35s that are fully 35s and look more aggressive than my BF Goodrich tires but are practical for both off road and on road activity. Thank you!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Depends on how they're manufactured, what PSI you run them at and how heavy your vehicle is. My BFG MT KM2s are at 34" how I have them at 30 PSI on my 2-door JK.

What BFGs do you have?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
The stated size and actual size are almost always different. Those are 34.5 inches according to BFG. Then mount them and the size can change again depending on wheels width. Then put the weight of a vehicle on them and they get smaller again. Then you'll get small variations size due to pressure.

Besides, 315/70/17's aren't 35's. They calc out to 34.4 inches tall. Then again, 35 inch tires, like a 35x12.5x15, aren't 35 inches either in many cases. It's a vast left wing conspiracy.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
If you really want something that measures a full 35" installed, you are going to be near 37's on the sidewall... Even regular 35's on paper are usually 34.6 or so and then installed they are around 34".

Plus those 315's are smaller than regular 35's by a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts