Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to put new tires on. I am still running the stock 27'' Goodyears. I really wanted to put on a 4'' lift with 33s but the cost is more than I have saved right now. Should I go with

a) 31s and no lift (continue to save for the 33s and lift)

b) 32s and 2'' BB

There is not much difference in clearence between the two, but I do like the width of the 32s better.

I would like to hear what ya'll think.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
B... I think you'd be happier with the 2" BB and then later add some springs and control arms for another inch or two then some 33's. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would do the 31's with the BB.

If you get good aggressive type tires even in the 31 size you will be amazed at the difference in what you can do.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Personally if you are in real need of tires and seeing that you have the plans that you do for the future I would try to find a used set of say 31's or something locally that you could put on for half the price and keep saving for your 33's.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
What about the bb and a 1" body lift? That will clear 33's just fine. Save's some coin too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. I may just get the 31s and some new rims to hold me until I can do the lift and gears then add the 33s. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts