Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New JK Sport arrives next week and I'm going to put new rims and tires on. I have been looking at alot of the Tire threads on here and see alot of people get a 33 inch tire. I also read that a 33 on stock suspension will rub at certain points. I want to put tires on that I wont have to put spacers in or have a problem with rubbing so I was thinking of playing it safe and putting 32 inch tires on. Im just not sure if the 32 will look wimpy or not compared to the 33. Any help here would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Some 33s rub and some don't. It's THAT close. A skinny 33 will work fine w/o rubbing. The BFG KM2 or Cooper Discoverer Maxx in 255/80r17 will fit stock wheels and suspension...or do you have 16s?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here's my bone stock JK with 265/75R16 Duratracs (approx. 32"). No lift needed, no rubbing and they get me through some great trails. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some 33s rub and some don't. It's THAT close. A skinny 33 will work fine w/o rubbing. The BFG KM2 or Cooper Discoverer Maxx in 255/80r17 will fit stock wheels and suspension...or do you have 16s?
I am pretty well set on the BFG All Terrains, and I havnt decided yet which size of rim. Probably a 16 to make the tires look a little beefier

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just get rims with more back spacing and 33s will be dandy!
I dont really know much about backspacing. :atomic: How much do you think is enough?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think I'm going to do a 285/75/16 just like that link suggested. Just going to have to make sure I look at backspacing on what ever rim I choose

·
Premium Member
843 Posts

My 12' JK with "wimpy" 32x11.5-15 BFG on Black Aluminum 15x8 MB72 wheels.
I did add Mopar 19/60 springs and RS9000XL shocks for a slight lift.

Another pic to show how much tire sticks out past the wheel well.

No tire rubbing yet.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those look nice. They look bigger than I thought 32's would look

·
Registered
90 Posts

My 12' JK with "wimpy" 32x11.5-15 BFG on Black Aluminum 15x8 MB72 wheels.
I did add Mopar 19/60 springs and RS9000XL shocks for a slight lift.

Another pic to show how much tire sticks out past the wheel well.

No tire rubbing yet.
Not to threadjack here but could you tell me the name of those surrounds on your front grill?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
If your going to spend the money on tires why not go with something noticeably better.
33s are a good size. You can run them on stock or with a 2.5" lift and it will still look good.Then the wheels of the Jeep brain start turning well if you are going to add a lift later why not do the lift first and go with 35s. So now we are at 35s and a lift. Beyond that there is no going back.You see how this all starts right ? Might as well save some money and go bigger from the start. If you have any fantasies of bigger tires and lift later just do it now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts