Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock transmission pan keeps leaking. Even my friend who is a mechanic can't get it to stop (but he did slow it down a lot.) It's as good an excuse as any to replace with a deep pan. I know Skyjacker makes a stamped pan that will work, but I kind of wanted an aluminum pan. Will a Torqueflite 904 or 999 pan work? The other questions: Is there any benefit to an aluminum pan over a stamped pan? Or is it a waste of money? I've already added a trans cooler to the Jeep, it was one of the things I did to it in the first year I had it.

Pic because I can:

Attachments

·
Knows a couple things...
48,767 Posts
I don't see any significant benefit to an aluminum pan over steel since you already have an aux cooler. I'd just get Skyjacker's deep pan and then have a 1/8" NPT steel bung welded into it so you can add a transmission ATF temperature gauge. If you go that right take care where you install the bung. A temperature sender can come too close to the driveshaft if you mount it in the wrong location.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense. Thanks for the information Jerry!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't see any significant benefit to an aluminum pan over steel since you already have an aux cooler. I'd just get Skyjacker's deep pan and then have a 1/8" NPT steel bung welded into it so you can add a transmission ATF temperature gauge. If you go that right take care where you install the bung. A temperature sender can come too close to the driveshaft if you mount it in the wrong location.
Do you know someone in Orange County that can weld 1/8" NPT steel bung
in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts