Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 TJ 4.0 32H Auto

Have a vacation coming up next week and have been getting my TJ ready (replacing fluids, U-joints, etc.). I noticed that my shift shaft seal was leaking. Ordered a new seal and removal tool from NAPA, but the tool they sell only fits GM's. Thought I would try to pick the seal out, but wouldn't take that too far in fear that I may damage metal on the shifter, etc. and have a permanent leak. It was too tight to pick out, so I went for broke and removed the valve body far enough to get to it. Just as I was about to pop the seal loose, I dropped the valve body too far and the park rod came out. Now, I can't get the park rod back into the tranny so I can finish up the job. Does anyone have any pointers on how to get this back in place??? I've tried for over an hour and I haven't made any progress trying to push it back in place. Any pointers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My shift shaft seal in my jeep tj 32rh trans is leaking and I'm about to replace it, just wondering how you got it back together, any pointers for when I do mine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts