Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get an idea of this look on the JK. Post up your pics/specs or point me to the right direction.

If you have this setup let's see it!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im 99.76% sure I don't want 35"s on a vehicle that spends 99.8% of it's time driving me 5.5 miles to home and work.

Unfortunately this will mostly be for looks.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Nice. Any rubbing? Spacers?

I will go with a slightly less aggressive tire, but that's getting close to what I'm looking for.
This set up will rub the flares if you wheel it without a lift. There are no spacers on the wheels.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Im 99.76% sure I don't want 35"s on a vehicle that spends 99.8% of it's time driving me 5.5 miles to home and work.

LOL goin green huh?

·
Registered
391 Posts
um...once you go big n black...you...

well you what the sayin' is

mileage..we don't care about no stinkin' gas mileage

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
not a 2 door but toyo 285/75-16 on 16X8 rims with 4.5" back spacing will work fine and ride smooth. They will do great off road if you decide to go off roading and probably look a little bigger on a 2door vs 4 door.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

Actually if that is your intended use go with 34" or 35" if strictly going for looks. You can get by with a small budget lift and not worry about ripping your fenders off. I agree that 33" look small as soon as you see 35" lol. If I have different gearing I would want 35's

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL goin green huh?
Haha hardly, but it still will be a street machine daily driver, grocery getter, etc..etc.

It's replacing a GTO so gas is not my biggest concern.

I'm having a hard time finding a look that fills the fender gaps a little bit better than the 16" stock look and a slightly wider stance.

I THINK I would like some sort of 17"s for the wheels and not quite 33"s but I know the factory 17"s are 32" but they look somewhat skinny to me.

Perhaps SLIGHTLY wider or spaced outward a little would be preferable.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
the 15" or 16" with 4.5" backspacing or less is going to look meatier on a 33" then a 17" will. The more sidewall you have the meatier it will look and cheaper too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the 15" or 16" with 4.5" backspacing or less is going to look meatier on a 33" then a 17" will. The more sidewall you have the meatier it will look and cheaper too.
Thank you. I should have titled this thread "Please help me with my beach mobile/ daily driver".

I will look into some 16" combos.

I used to like how a 31x10.50x15 looked on the stock TJs. Now with these things my calibration is off and everything just looks different.

It's almost as if I'm looking to go an inch bigger in every direction to get the same type of look.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's what I'm planning on running eventually, but I will also get the 2" lift on it.
I don't plan on getting any more radical with her then that. Bumpers maybe, and a winch someday, but it will all take time to come to light....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts