Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Wrangler Forum, but have been searching threads constantly for the past 4 months or so. In January, I bought a 2014 blacj JKU and love it. So far I have only installed Rock Rails to the Jeep. But after saving some $, I want to mod the jeep and am ready for it to look, feel, and drive more ruggid.

I recently bought a 2.5 Teraflex Budget Boost. And now I would like to install w/ tires and wheels, etc. After a lot of debating on tires, shocks, wheels - I have been leaning toward getting:

33 12.5 17 Mickey Thompson Tires
5100 Bilstein Shocks
17" Rugged Ridge Black Drakon Wheels

I will use the jeep mostly as a DD, and my wife will also use it. We have a newborn too and would like to make it as safe as possible.

I have seen some pics of 33s MTs Baja MTZs w/ the Budget Boost and I do like the look but have concern that tire might appear small after the 2.5 BB on the JKU. The 35s look great but right now I dont want to get 35 tires at this time. Maybe later but my jeep is brand new and I just dont want to be concerned about the next mod that I need to do to accomadate the bigger tires or cause any strain on any other components or loose gas mpg with the 35s, etc right now.

Are there 33 12.5 17 tires that are bigger than others, that are highly recommended (at least as much as Baja MTZs, as from what I can tell the MTZs have great reviews) for 4 door automatc Jeeps with a 2.5 Teraflex Budget Boost and Bilstein shocks.

If there are recommendations, would anyone have any pics?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have 285/70/17 bf goodridge t/a's (32.7") on stock suspension and i love them.. No rubbing or anything and look great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts