Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an '02 TJ-X with stock suspension, I will be installing the RE 3.5 Superflex lift and moving from 31" tires up to 33".

My question is what is the optimal rim for running 33x12.5 tires would it be a 15x8?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
15x8 is ideal

Make sure you get a wheel with proper backspacing to fit your Jeep. I'm running 33's on 15x8's with 3.75" backspacing and they're perfect.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can I tell what backspacing I have? The rims I have now came with it and I am not sure what they are...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Let me know if you need others.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Neal5280 said:
How can I tell what backspacing I have? The rims I have now came with it and I am not sure what they are...
If you can, remove a wheel from your Jeep. Turn it upside down so the inside of the wheel is pointing up. Lay a straight edge across the wheel, but not the tire. Measure from the back of the mounting surface to the straight edge and that will give you the backspacing. It's very important that the straight edge only go from the edge of the rim to the other edge of the rim and not on the tire.

Here's a pic I found online...

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome thanks for the help, I'll remove my spare and check it this weekend. I appreciate the info!

If you can, remove a wheel from your Jeep. Turn it upside down so the inside of the wheel is pointing up. Lay a straight edge across the wheel, but not the tire. Measure from the back of the mounting surface to the straight edge and that will give you the backspacing. It's very important that the straight edge only go from the edge of the rim to the other edge of the rim and not on the tire.

Here's a pic I found online...

View attachment 174102

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
No worries. I can't count how many times a forum member has helped me with something. Happy to pay it forward! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts