Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 3.5" lift and am definitely going with 35" or 36" tires. But my 33" tires still have an easy 5k tread life still on them, would I still be able to run them or will it just look too ridiculous? I have stock fenders just incase anybody is curious.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
It's your taste. It won't look ridiculous, but you will have a lot of wheel well showing between the top of the tire and the fender flare. If you're cool with the way it looks, that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this sounds silly bit is there any more risk of tipping over with 33" instead of 35"? Could the 33s negatively affect me in any way vs the 35s?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I know this sounds silly bit is there any more risk of tipping over with 33" instead of 35"? Could the 33s negatively affect me in any way vs the 35s?
All depends..................what do you have to tell the CFO to get her to release the funds for 35's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All depends..................what do you have to tell the CFO to get her to release the funds for 35's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:
I have the money to buy the 35s. I just wanted to use up my 33's and I have the lift sitting at my house. So I figured why not lift it, wear down the 33's then put on 35's

·
Registered
260 Posts
Doing the same thing. I still have a bit of mileage left on my 285/70/17 Duratracs, but am going 3.5" AEV. It's been ordered but not shipped yet. If I beat you to the install I'll post pics. I'm also planning on 35's, but only after I get more life out of these tires. My suspicion is it will have a lot of wheel well, I'll hate it at first, and it will encourage me to buy the 35's faster, but I'd rather spend the funds on a new front axle, locker, and re-gear first since I already have great tires.

I don't care what it looks like to others. If I can live with it, I will, if not, tires will come next.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I thought I was going to run my 33's until they were gone. ended up going out and buying 37's a week after installing my 3.5RK lift.

that being said, I drive a 2door and got like 5 inches of lift out of the 3.5 lift...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still waiting on shocks but just curious on him much it costs to install a complete 3.5" lift

·
Registered
37 Posts
35"s I have them now, Too short. Going to 41.5s.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
35"s I have them now, Too short. Going to 41.5s.
Ya!!!!!! But Brandon; not everybody goes Mall Crawling in North Dakota so they won't need any more than 35's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is true, we should take them to the New Testament Mall:)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It won't look too silly, but you'll probably look at them everyday and think damn I need some more tire. I ran that way for a month or two until I moved up. Keep in mind that the more tread left on your 33s the better chance you'll have to sell them for a decent price to recoup some cost on the 35s. You should be able to unload some 33s all day long.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It won't look too silly, but you'll probably look at them everyday and think damn I need some more tire. I ran that way for a month or two until I moved up. Keep in mind that the more tread left on your 33s the better chance you'll have to sell them for a decent price to recoup some cost on the 35s. You should be able to unload some 33s all day long.
That is true, I could probably use them to pay for the mounting, balancing, and rotating. As well as alignment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts