·
Registered
8,554 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Tictac32 said:
Where can u get the pacers at.? Doing this tomorrow
You probably need TWO pairs of these: https://www.quadratec.com/products/92807_00XX_A_PG.htm

But again, it depends somewhat on your tire width. And you likely won't need them at all if you're using aftermarket wheels.

You're not giving us enough information. Read the thread I linked to above--I suspect it'll answer all of your questions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that... At work. Well they are 33 on 15 in rims . All after market . Just bought the jk and had a tj with those 33 on it and they are letting me swtich

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Tictac32 said:
Sorry about that... At work. Well they are 33 on 15 in rims . All after market . Just bought the jk and had a tj with those 33 on it and they are letting me swtich
You shouldn't need spacers with aftermarket wheels, but you understand that wheels that fit your TJ will not fit your JK, right? Different bolt pattern. And only some 15" wheels fit on JKs.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Really damn that really sucks ... So the bolt pattern is totally different
Yes, you'll need adapters to make wheels that would fit a TJ fit a JK. Like these: Spidertrax WHS-011 - Spidertrax 1.375" Wheel Adapter Kit for 99-12 Jeep® WranglerJK, Unlimited JK, Grand Cherokee WJ/WK & Commander XK with 5x5" to 5x4.5" Bolt Pattern - Quadratec

Notice they look just like the spacers I linked before, but instead of fitting on a 5x5 bolt pattern and presenting a 5x5 bolt pattern on the other side, they fit on a 5x5 bolt pattern and present a 5x4.5 bolt pattern on the other side.

The problem though is that they also push the wheels out (just like spacers would have), and if you already have low backspacing on aftermarket wheels, this means they'll sit even further out from under the flares. In addition to placing more strain on your ball joints and the like, this is also likely to look a little silly--you'd probably be down in the neighborhood of 2.5" of backspacing or so, which is really low.

I'm not sure what your finances are, but you'd be overall better served to sell your old wheels and buy a set of 15s that fit on a JK. You could get five new 15x8 wheels for around $400 to $600, minus whatever you get from selling your old wheels. A set of SpiderTrax adapters is going to run you $200 anyway and you obviously wouldn't be selling your old wheels if you went that route. So overall, it might be a wash or pretty close.

If you send a PM to forum vender Discount Tire, they'll send you a list of the 15" wheels they have that fit JKs. There are other wheels as well, though it can be a bit hard to confirm fitment before ordering unless somebody on the forum chimes in and says they have them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts