Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my eye on the 33 Engineering High Clearance Transfer Case Skid Plate but wanted to pass this by everyone to see if anyone has experience with installing this item on a stock 2006 Unlimited Rubicon. I understand I will need a 1" BL but what else? motor mount lifts? exhaust mods?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
This will be my next mod: 1" body lift + 1" motor mount lift + 33 eng. aluminum skid. I'm told that there are no changes required to the exahust. You may also need adjustable upper control arms and a SYE / CV driveshaft depending on the amount of lift you end up running.

There is a good write-up here:

Hey Mods: Please move this thread to the TJ forum.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I have this skid and really like it dispite having to use the 1" spacer because of my non-stock transfer case.......Frank also used the 33 Engineering transmission mount.

good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I am assuming that I would not need the SYE or CVD since I already have them. But I was not sure about the adjustable upper control arms. I will drop a line with 33E and report back. Let me know how your efforts turn out.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I have adjustable lower control arms only

1 - 6 of 6 Posts