Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I would like to know if this setup would work. My dad is against the idea of a 4" suspension lift at the moment, and I was going to try to work my way around it. I have 31.5" tires on the Jeep at the moment, and would like to run these until they wear out. Then I'd like to move to 33's. Would 33's with the proper backspacing fit with this setup (2"BB, 1.25"BL, Flat Flares) without rubbing? Any prior experience or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance~

FYI - The Jeep already has 4.88 gears in it; otherwise, minimal mods.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
IMO yes...but I wouldn't do it myself....I ran 31's even with the OME suspension lift...which gives you real close to 2.5-3 inches of lift...but still stayed with my 31's for a couple more years. I didn't want to do it just to be "runnin' 33"s" I wanted it to work on and off road.

In the last month funds finally got around at the right time for me to add a JKS BL and MML, Bushwacker flares and Duratracs 33"x 12.50s on cragar soft 8s. And it works great on and off road!!

It took longer but I don't rub, plenty of flex and looks pretty good IMO!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured. I was thinking about a Zone lift, since they're a little cheaper but have really good reviews. I don't think I need the 'best' lift out there, due to the minimal offroading that I would be doing. What do you think about a 3" or 4" lift from them? Also, can I see what your Jeep looks like? Thanks.

Possibly this?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Will try and post up a pic but to be honest the only lift I know anything about is my OME...and I got that based on people's feedback on here.

I have a '12 JK that is my wife's DD and IMO my TJ with the set up it has now rides as well as the JK, and that was what I wanted....good or better than stock ride and great handling.....I got "lucky" and it works off road as well.

Some other people give me a hard time about my "little/ baby jeep" but it does fairly well off road and I don't need to be towed to the ORV park and can still drive to and from work every day, and hit 70mph on the highway...you are ahead of me though I need to regear the 3.73s are not liking the 33"s

No luck with Pics files to big...with take another tomorrow use smaller settings ? IDK enough to know how to fix it I guess

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
As a dad of a 22 year old son, does your dad have a problem with the idea of/afraid of a 4" suspension lift and is not all that experienced with Jeeps, or is he just aware of the costs & technical challenges associated once you get to the 4" suspension lift height?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts