Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good brand of tire to go with for a daily driver? The size is gonna be 33x12.50x15. I havent deciced if im gonna go 8" or 10" wide on the rim yet. I'd also like to hear pro's and con's on the rim width. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
576 Posts
What's a good brand of tire to go with for a daily driver? The size is gonna be 33x12.50x15. I havent deciced if im gonna go 8" or 10" wide on the rim yet. I'd also like to hear pro's and con's on the rim width. Thanks guys!
How much and what type of off-roading do you typically do?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
For a daily driver I would go with either BFG MT's or AT's. They are aggressive, yet wear well and have very low road noise. For the rim width I would do the 8" rim. The wider rim, the more hydroplaning in the rain.

·
Registered
261 Posts
on my dd i have 35x12.50x15 on 8" rim and i have bfg m/t's love'em there even better off road, but i like road noise they they hardly have any

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
How are mt's in the snow?:confused:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much and what type of off-roading do you typically do?
I'll usually go off road on the weekends. So like 4 times a month. It will consist of trails and some mud. Nothing crazy, I cant afford to break sh*t on my dd.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
y not use that bike as a daily driver? less gass

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'll usually go off road on the weekends. So like 4 times a month. It will consist of trails and some mud. Nothing crazy, I cant afford to break sh*t on my dd.
Then as was said above BFG MTs or ATs are good. I have personal experience with the all terrains and loved them, I am getting Mud Terrains here pretty soon.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then as was said above BFG MTs or ATs are good. I have personal experience with the all terrains and loved them, I am getting Mud Terrains here pretty soon.
I like the looks of the mt's better. I just wonder how they'll hold up compared to the at's? And yes, I get plenty of snow with these wisconsin winters so it's gotta be good in the snow!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
my bfg a/t worked pretty good in the snow but I think the MT's would be better

the bfg's last FOREVER though mine have bein on my car fpr over 60'000 miles and I still have some tread left

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I use 33x12.5x15 BFG A/T KO's on 15x8 rims on my DD. They work very well on and off road. They have almost 30k miles and still have plenty of tred left.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im pretty sure im gonna do the BFG's. I just need to decide between A/T's and M/T's?????? I like the looks of mt's better i guess...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts