Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a 2015 wrangler unlimited recently and just installed some 15x8 (3.75 backspace) Ultra wheels with 33x12.5x15 Duratracs. They look great, but I have gotten a mild rub a couple of times when im hopping up onto my steep driveway. This is the only time I have heard them rub, and they are fine everywhere else I have been so far. The car is only used on streets most the time with some dirt roads here and there but nothing crazy with rocks involved. I'm looking to maybe add a small lift to fix the occasional rubbing so I don't have to ever worry about it.

If I add a 2 inch coil spacer will I need longer sway bar endlinks, new bump stops, shock extenders? I'm not sure at what point something is overkill and not needed. I'm just looking to raise the vehicle a little bit to take care of this mild rubbing i'm getting.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I bought my 2013 JKU slightly used and the previous owner had put 33" tires and a 2" spacer lift on it and it works great. I do not have any rubbing issues at all. From looking at the parts that are on my JKU, it looks like I have the Rubicon Express 2" spacer lift. It comes with shock extension brackets, and front and rear bump stops. My JKU came with the factory end links which I replaced with new end links from Warrior Products. The Rubicon Express spacer lift is $210 at Quadratec and the Warrior Products end links are $53 at Amazon. Here are some web site links.

Rubicon Express RE7132 - Rubicon Express Economy 2" Spacer Lift for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Products-800038-Front-07-10/dp/B004JMIV2E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425917640&sr=8-1&keywords=warrior+end+links

The Warrior Products end link installed.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No you don't need shock extenders. The oem shocks are good from 0-2" of lift.

The Tearflex coil spacer leveling kit it is cheap and comes with front sway bar endlinks. It will raise your front 2" and rear 1".

I have been running the Teraflex coil spacer leveling kit for 2.5 years now without any issues what so ever and it is the perfect amount of lift for 33's while keeping everything in proportion. I did add 2" bump stop extensions but I intend to upgrade to longer rancho RS9000 shocks soon. With your oem shocks and what you use your jeep for I doubt you would need bump stop extensions.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I definitely recommend the TF 1.5 leveling kit. Great stance and perfect for 33's.

Teraflex Wrangler Leveling Kit 1155200 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

Another option we like to recommend is the Rancho 2" sport kit with RS9000XL shocks. The shock upgrade is big on our Jeeps... This kit is like buying the shocks and getting the lift free and there is a rebate going on right now.

Rancho RS66109BR9 - Rancho 2" Sport System with RS9000XL Shocks for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the info. Sounds like i should go ahead and put endlinks on there also and maybe bump stops. I was wondering if 2 inch spacers would be ok alone but doesn't sound like it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have nothing useful to add to this thread except for a minor correction. It's not a car, it's a Jeep!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you get it?
I put the lift on yesterday. It was back ordered for a while and I eventually found one off ebay new for sell. Worked great! No more rubbing and the lift was just what I was looking for. Took me 4-5 hours, pretty straight forward. I plan on shooting some pictures this weekend and I will post some up :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts