Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a picture of 33 inch tires on 17 inch wheels? I am interested in the AEV Pintler Beadlock wheels. They only come in 17's.

Appreciate your replies.
Phil

·
Knows a couple things...
49,621 Posts
I wouldn't run a 17" wheel on a 33" unless you just want that kind of look... but since you're asking about a bead lock wheel, I will assume its for offroad use and you're not interested in the look. That combination just doesn't have enough sidewall for the tire to flex offroad. I'd stick with a beadlock you can get with a 15" size wheel. I wouldn't consider a 17" wheel until I got to a 37" or larger tire.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
tires are going to waaayy expensive. and 17's on a tj with 33's will look bad and like a mall crawler in my opinion. over all bad idea...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
You may want to check the jk forum. There should be plenty of 33's on 17's on there. I will warn you that the tires are much more expensive for the same height.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gentlemen...this is great feedback, thank you. Jerry now that you mention it I do recall seeing on a post in the past that a rule of thumb was to double the wheel size to determine the minimum tire size. Using that logic you are definitely right not to go with the 17's. again thank you for your replies and helping guide your fellow jeeper down the right path. Oh and the last thing I want is for my jeep to be classified as a mall crawler.

·
Registered
29 Posts
pwroth58 said:
Does anybody have a picture of 33 inch tires on 17 inch wheels? I am interested in the AEV Pintler Beadlock wheels. They only come in 17's.

Appreciate your replies.
Phil

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Here's mine with 33's on 17's. This is the way I got the jeep. I think the look is ok but as mentioned above, the cost of large 17" tires is crazy. When it comes time to get tires I'll probably get 15" rims to save money in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts