Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, going to be regearing soon. My tire size goal is 33s, but just like everyone else I suspect over time I'll want to go bigger, which would most likely be 35s.

When I regear, what would having 33s with 4.88 gears be like? It would most likely be like this for a few years at a minimum. I RARELY do any highway driving, it is almost always around town driving. Obviously I'd be spinning higher Rs on the highway (about 2600 rpm at 60 mph according to my calculations) Are they any other benefits/downsides that I'm not thinking of? Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. That talks mostly about autos, I have a manual. Additionally, most posts i've seen discuss people trying to "get by" with a smaller ratio (i.e. can i get by with 3.73s and 33s, etc). However I would be going at it the other way and kind of overshooting my mark so to speak... and I have not been able to find much info regarding a situation like that.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Try this; Gear Ratio Calculator put in all of the info. then it will kick out what speed and rpms in each gear your jeep will be doin, just change the gear ratio to see which one is right for you.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
It would be helpful if you filled out your profile in greater detail. When choosing a gear ratio, engine size, tire diameter and transmission matter...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts