Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question gets asked a lot but I figure I better ask it with regards to my setup. I'm fairly new and am pretty set on the lift I'm thinking about getting and I would link it but I'm on my phone right now. It's the rubicon express 3.5 or 4.5 short arm superflex combo with sye and Tom woods driveshaft and I was told to upgrade to an adjustable rear trackbar which I will do and I'm going to get the bilstein 5100 shocks unless Someone posts a compelling argument for ome. I will mostly be driving in snow and mountains and light to moderate off roading. Currently I have a d35 in my rear and I was wondering, because for some reason, with the combo deals the 4.5 and the 3.5 are the same price, if I should get 33 or 35 inch tires and if I got the 4.5 with 35s how much extra would I have to do. I was told with the 3.5 and 33s I could pretty much get the lift, throw 33s and be done. I also saw 4.5 with 33s looked a little off. Which is why I'd like to know what it would take to run 4.5 inches of lift with 35s. I'm not going to be rock crawling or anythig(not yet at least) but I think it would be nice to have that extra inch. Is it that much of a hassle to incorporate 35s??

·
Registered
952 Posts
With the RK stock mod, 2.5" they suggest bump stops for 35s. From what I read, may need to regear. I decided to do 33s as it is my DD and I dont plan to regear anytime soon.

·
Registered
316 Posts
As has been said countless times, the amount of lift you have is the last thing you need to worry about to run 35s correctly. Read this.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sorry i wasnt paying attention, this is for TJs :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts