Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase new tires any suggestions, looking for a AT not real aggressive something that rides well and low noise,

Thanks

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Many of us prefer Goodyear Duratracs over the BFG AT's:

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
I run duratrack in winter in a narrower 31 and great snow tread but weak sidewalls for trail and wear out out faster then BFG so for his reported use I'll still recommend BFG

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
My next tire set will be duratracs. I had the BFGs and they lasted about 30k which I felt should have lasted longer. I have 2 friends who run duratracs and they love them especially if you live in an area where it snows

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I live in Kentucky with our weather anything is possible, I have a good set of BFG on it now just small, any luck with cooper?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I had duratracs.... lasted about 2/3 as long as bfg's.... never again.... i now have bfg km2's on both jeeps and my dually....

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Durtracs hands Down. I got 40k out of my last set. They are a great tire as long as your not doing lots of rock crawling. Plus they are lighter than BFG''s.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Another vote for duratracs. I will get 40k out of this set (33k so far). Quiet on the hwy and great traction on snow and ice. They have treated me well in the rocks too. Though my next set will be different, only because I'm jumping up to a size the duratracs don't come in

Reactions: Stumpstrider

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just ordered a set of Duratracs in this size last week. 2 things put them ahead of the BFG for me.

1) I could obtain them at a lower price (although I noticed Tirerack is running a deal right now).

2) Duratracs are studdable but BFG's are not. Given the snow/ice reputation that Duratracs have, adding studs should provide great winter performance here in the great white north.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've never had enough of a problem on ice or snow in my jeep to consider wanting studs even with my Baja claws but that's just my thinking

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've never had enough of a problem on ice or snow in my jeep to consider wanting studs even with my Baja claws but that's just my thinking

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The point of my post is that the BFG's ARE studdable according to the link

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought the BFG's not sure it was a toss up but I got them on today and they ride good and the noise isn't noticeable no roar which is what I wanted they look good, thanks for the advice and replies

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nitto Ridge Grapplers. 7K miles on a set. No noticeable wear. Just got back from a 2.5K mile trip to Silverton/Ouray. Ran into every type of road bed possible - dirt, gravel, small rock, big rocks, boulders, streams, rain, dry, steep. They acted like they were glued to the roads/trails. No tire slip at all. Extremely quiet on the road and handle/grip well on wet highways. Unless they stop making them, I'll never try a different tire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts