Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get 33x12.5R15 Duratracs with 15x8 (-19 mm offset) Level 8 Trackers. I have a few questions.

First of all, will this set up work on a 2014 JKU? I've seen setups similar to this so I think I'll be okay.

I saw a thread that had this exact setup, but he had the -30 offset instead of -19. The -19 will make the tires be a little closer to the fenders correct? The guy with the -30 offset said his tires were 2.75" away from his fenders. How much would the -19 be?

Also how do I find out if it is legal to have the tires past my fenders? I know some states have a law saying that it can't go past the fender. I live in Texas.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Your tire rim combo will work fine. Those rims have ~4.25" backspacing which will provide plenty of clearance. 19mm is around 3/4" so your wheels will stick out almost 1/2" less. They are actually a better choice than the -30 mm.

Run a Google search to find what your vehicle code allows. Also, some states have vehicle inspections and others don't. Some of the states that don't will stop you on the road if it is an obvious violation but many like CA don't seem to care anymore.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I run the Level 8 Trackers with -19mm backspacing.
35x12.5R15 tires stick out about an inch past my fenders.

WA has the full fender law, I've never been questioned. I have mud flaps, I think that's more important with regard to public safety and kicking up road debris.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
That's a pretty popular combo. Should be fine.

-19 equals 3.75 inch back spacing in a 15x8 wheel. If you have issues with fender laws in your locale, the Black Rock 909 is a 4 inch backspace and it fits. Otherwise you need to go to 16 or 17 inch wheel or wider fenders.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a pretty popular combo. Should be fine.

-19 equals 3.75 inch back spacing in a 15x8 wheel. If you have issues with fender laws in your locale, the Black Rock 909 is a 4 inch backspace and it fits. Otherwise you need to go to 16 or 17 inch wheel or wider fenders.
Yes I've looked at the Black Rocks (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-127&fl=&pc=60384&counter=1&wd=15&rw=8). Leaning toward those now. I think the tires being closer to the fenders looks better. So the Black Rock is a 4" backspace?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts