Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New jeep owner here. Just bought my 2002 TJ a couple weeks ago, and the previous owner had 31x10.5 duratracs on 15x8 Pacer Soft 8's that I believe have 3.75" BS. The tires currently stick out just a little bit from the stock flares, and to me, it is the perfect amount. I love the duratracs that are on it, but I want to upgrade to 33" tires, and unfortunately Goodyear doesn't make a 33x10.5 like BFG. My question is this: by getting the 33x12.5's and keeping the same wheel setup, would my tires then stick out 2 more inches from the flares on each side? Like just the difference in the 12.5 and 10.5? This may be a simple question, but I am new to this and just trying to get a better grasp. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Get a set of Rubicon or Sahara flares . They are wider than the standard flares and you would still have a little tire sticking out. If you go to a 6 or 7 inch flare they will dwarf the tires and look kind of silly in most cases with a 12.50 tire.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
They would stick out about 1" further as the other inch would be in the wheel well....

Personally, having had both duratracs and bfg's..... go w the bfg's n get the 10.50's

I'll never buy another set of duratracs

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They would stick out about 1" further as the other inch would be in the wheel well....

Personally, having had both duratracs and bfg's..... go w the bfg's n get the 10.50's

I'll never buy another set of duratracs
What do you like better about the bfgs over the duratracs?

·
Registered
15,711 Posts
Duratrak better in snow BFG better size choice stronger less damage prone side walls and wear better/last longer

Like other poster explained a 2 inch wider tire is one inch wider on each side so outer edge one inch further and inner edge in one inch further

Wider Flairs are cheep and rash to bolt on

Stock rubicon are black and one inch wider stock Sahara are also one inch wider and painted tub color

Aftermarket 2 inch wider available most typical jeep online places

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Digger pretty much covered my thoughts on the pros of the bfg's except the duratracs didn't impress me anywhere...of course they didn't last long enough to see a lot of snow but my KM2's hook really well and I can't see the duratracs doing any better

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Absolutely LOVE em... have em on my yj and my tj (33 10.50 15) and also on my dually (255 85 16)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Even more than the looks I like how they work... skinny tires BITE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts