Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
33x12.5x15 Duratracs on Black Rock D-Window wheels

I finally upgraded my tires.

33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs on 15x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloy wheels (4" backspacing).

Upgrading from the stock 29" street tires on 16" steel rims.

Here's some before/after pics (all pics include AEV 2" spacer lift):

When I re-calibrated the tire size with my Diablosport inTune, I found that the stock tires were setup as 28". I ended up setting it to 31" to get a perfect match between GPS speed and speedometer. I have the tires at 28 psi (based on recommendations I've found on forums).

And here's some weight specs I found for stock wheel/tire combos compared to my new combo (in order of increasing total weight):

Stock 16" wheel: 25 lbs
Stock 28" street tire: 27 lbs
Total: 52 lbs

Stock 17" wheel: 24 lbs
Stock 32" A/T tire: 36 lbs
Total: 60 lbs

Black Rock 15" D-Window wheel: 19 lbs
33x12.5x15 Duratrac: 49 lbs
Total: 68 lbs

Stock 17" wheel: 24 lbs
Stock Rubicon tire tire: 48 lbs
Total: 72 lbs

Stock 18" Sahara wheel: 27 lbs
Stock Sahara tire: 44 lbs
Total: 71 lbs

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D'0h! I typo'd the title. Can a moderator please correct "Bkack" to "Black" in the thread title?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks great.

Regarding the calibration.. Did you check against a standalone gps unit or the one that come with the jeep from factory, if the latter I have a strong suspicion that it just spits out the speed your speedometer on the dash is reading and they're calibrated. I came to that conclusion when someone's gps based speedometer app didn't correlate with my uconnect gps by about 2-3mph. I'm still to do more investigations to confirm this though.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding the calibration.. Did you check against a standalone gps unit or the one that come with the jeep from factory
Compared to a GPS speedometer app on my iPhone.

Anyone curious about any other details, or additional pictures from different angles?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Looks great! Looks oddly similar to my Jeep at one point. :D

You'll love the tires, and I see your in Michigan too. They do pretty damn good in the snow considering their width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts