Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard there was a company that makes 34" tires, I would like a bigger tire since I did an SOA, and I was wondering if it would basically have the same wear and tear (including risk of breakage) on the Dana 35 rear?

·
Registered
414 Posts
315/70R17 is equivalent to 34"x12.4". I would say the wear and tear would be there, may not happen as quick as a 35" as the weight is slightly less.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
why not stick to a standard size? wouldnt go bigger than 33's on a stock d35 i dont even like running my 31's lol. i say go for a super 35 kit then go 35's

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd rather fork out 250 for 8.8

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I heard there was a company that makes 34" tires, I would like a bigger tire since I did an SOA, and I was wondering if it would basically have the same wear and tear (including risk of breakage) on the Dana 35 rear?
My vote is the bigger the tire the bigger the risk, but what is stamped on the sidewall is likely not the actual diameter...some may be off up to an inch new.

For instance many 31" tires are actually 30" with a measuring tape. Also a buddy was going sell me his 35" Super Swampers that were worn down to 60%....they measured 33" with a tape.

But I wouldn't buy a 34" tire thinking it going to make the d35 more reliable than if buying a 35" tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts