Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 4 doorJeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara , with a 2.5 inch lift kit and 35 x 12.5 x 17 tires. I love the drive of my wrangler but do go on a lot of highways and find it verryyyyy bumpy as I live in Quebec so the roads are horrible.... Currently my tire pressure varries from 35-37 psi. What tire pressure would be best to make it a smoother drive?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm running 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ on stock rims and have my pressure set to 28lbs. For me, I've found anything more than about 32lbs makes for a HORRIBLE ride.

Reactions: allyCata27

·
The Bad Guy
23,181 Posts
It doesn’t matter what other people are running. Different tires and different vehicles have different requirements. The best thing is to perform a chalk test to find what is best for your tires and your vehicle. Google chalk test and you will find youtube videos on how to do it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It doesn’t matter what other people are running. Different tires and different vehicles have different requirements. The best thing is to perform a chalk test to find what is best for your tires and your vehicle. Google chalk test and you will find youtube videos on how to do it.
Great advice, this is what I did. My un-caffeinated brain wasn't even thinking that when I replied this morning lol

·
Registered
2007 Wrangler Sport
9 Posts
I have found this to be very useful. There is a general tire pressure chart that you can look through, but this does it automatically for you. Put in you stock tire size and pressure from your door tag and then your new tire size and it'll tell you what you should be running for that tire. Or at least, it'll get you into a pretty good ball park. I have found it has gotten me pretty close to where I need to be compared to the chalk test.

www.tiresize.com/pressure-calculator/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the advice!!! I’m going to try and take out some hair and see how it goes, and then go from there. Keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thank you everyone for the advice!!! I’m going to try and take out some hair and see how it goes, and then go from there. Keep you guys posted!
It's funny how people had to give advise even though not a single person asked what tires you run or the load rating. Arm chair Jeepers ! lol

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Well I try to keep hair out of my tires as much as possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts