Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I fit 35/12.50 on 18x9 rim 4.5 b.s. with a terraflex level kit? What else will I need I already installed the lift. Just a mall crawler for now. Do I need to change gears? more lift? if so how much and what else do I need to buy?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The leveling kit is best suited to 33's where as I can flex off road while disconnected and not rub anything. 35's will need either flat fenders or your oem ones trimmed otherwise you are going to get fender rub while off road.

If you are running 3.21 gears then it is going to be sluggish and eventually a regear will be in order to get your performance back. If you have 3.73 gears and the 3.6 it will be livable as you would still have better performance then a 3.21 geared Jeep on the oem 32's and if a Rubicon with 4.10's then you shouldn't have to regear at all.

Most here run at least a 2.5" lift with 35's and a spring lift usually nets you more than advertised.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
If it is just a mall crawler like you state, then you should have no problem fitting 35's with a leveling kit. Gears will be up to you depending upon how it performs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
They will fit. I have a buddy who runs 35s on a leveling kit. To be honest it looks mean, but then he took it off road and it broke almost all of the mounts on both rear flares. So there is that. 35s with some flat flares on level kit would be better...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Jut trim te fenders and your should be good to go like stated you may need a regear depends on what came with it from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
To run 35's with stock fenders you must install 2.75" front bump stops and 2" rear bump stops. Nothing else really matters from a suspension perspective as long as you have decent back spacing on your wheels... This is to keep the tires out of the fenders.

So, if you put on a 2" front spring spacer you lose about 3/4" of suspension travel in front and about 1" in rear with a 1" spring spacer. On the road, not too noticeable if at all, but occasionally over a speed bump or something you might bottom on the bump stops, no harm no foul, that's what they are there for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts