Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 35" BFG KM2 tires on my 2008 Rubi along with a 3" Rough Country lift. I really like the set up and have noticed a slight difference in "power" when running 55-65 mph. I'm considering a performance tuner but when I turn off my overdrive, the RPMs increase and the Jeep stays in 3rd longer thus providing better power at higher speeds. Beside a decrease in fuel economy, are there any long term problems that can be created by driving consistently with OD shut off? Thanks!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd still pick up a tuner/ProCal to correct the speedo and input your gear ratio for shift points. 2010 JKUR, 4:10s, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers for the past year and it's been okay, luckily I live in a flat city. OD goes off the second I start up the Jeep, it's only usable going downhill, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. Planning on a tuner for sure but is sounds like shutting off the OD is a feasible short-term solution to improve the performance.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I would think that the only downfall is that you have a 3 speed automatic. When I was a kid, my dad had an AMC Gremlin...with a 3 speed stick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts