Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running my Duratrac 315/70/17 at 34 PSI cold but they seem a bit bouncy and hard. I am considering running them below 30. What are you running your 35s at? Sorry, I know there are a ton of PSI threads but I could not find one about daily driving with 35s.

TIA

·
Registered
28 Posts
35x12.50R17 KM2s. I run them at 28 psi and have been since they were new. Almost 30k miles on the set and they are wearing perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
35x12.50R17 KM2s. I run them at 28 psi and have been since they were new. Almost 30k miles on the set and they are wearing perfectly.
Thanks. Right now I have changed mine to 26 so 28 is not that different. Did you turn off TPMS?

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I have 33x11.50's and am at 35 psi..... Noticing that the little "I'm a new tire" nubs are not wearing down on the outside tread blocks (w/i 1" of the sidewall) probably a good indication a slightly lower psi may be in order.
I assume 35's might be at least if not more likely.

·
Registered
386 Posts
running 29 psi on 35x12.50r17 bfg ko2 E-rated on jkuhr at 8000' elevation. wearing evenly, no need to air up or down running from pavement to gravel to rocky dirt.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm currently running 32 psi on my 35x12.5 KO2's.

I feel like it's still just a bit on the hard side, so I might go down to 30 psi

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I have 315/75R16 Grabber AT2s. I run them at 33 cold - according to my TPMS they hit like 35-36 hot. Too high, but they're wearing well and the ride isn't that stiff.

·
Hye Climber in Chief
258 Posts
I say go as low as you can while staying within the chalk test. That and periodic visual inspection for even wear. Tire pressure is such a HUGE part of the suspension the more sidewall you have.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I say go as low as you can while staying within the chalk test. That and periodic visual inspection for even wear. Tire pressure is such a HUGE part of the suspension the more sidewall you have.
Agreed. However, I found out on some washboard roads that my 34 PSI cold was too high and it bounced like crazy. As soon as I could get to a stop I got my deflators out and dropped it to 17 for the rest of the dirt road ride. That was wonderful including going back over the same washboards. So, I am looking for something between the two for daily driving.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would prefer to adjust TPMS down. Most of the tools on the market only allow you to turn it off or on. Has anyone used the SuperChips tool that allows adjustment to TPMS?

·
Registered
65 Posts
i used one of the procals when i had my 35s put on an it allows you to turn on or off the tmps and set it to a new pressure setting if you want. I run mine about at 30 also but in texas they do heat up quick

·
Registered
800 Posts
26 to 28psi cold for me, gets up to 30 on the hot Texas summer highways. Set the TPMS lower with my ProCal.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I run 30-32 on my 34's (285/75/17). Was even thinking of trying 28.

·
Registered
245 Posts
28 psi on road with my 35" Maxis Trepador's. I've put about 40,000 km on them with even wear and lots of tread left. I typically run 10-12 psi off road and have gone to 6-8 psi in really goopy snow, but I don't make a habit of that.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I used to run 32-33psi in my 315/70/17 KO2 E rated, did 42k miles with those, drive was nice and smooth, now running Nitto Trail Grapplers in the same size, D rated, and i'm running those at 28-29psi to get about the same feeling.

Reactions: SteedGun
1 - 20 of 42 Posts