Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got 2015 yellow JK Rubicon, got standard Mopar 2" inch lift, going to put 17 inch standard rims on 35 inch federal tires, will I need spacers??, I've already changed to the flat fenders.

·
Super Moderator
21,971 Posts
if you are using stock rims you will or you will rub on your sway bar and perhaps your control arms at max turn. you will also be very close to rear control arms as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm new to the 4x4 jeep game, get spacers? How many mm. I'm slowing getting things done to it. Comes down to money at end of the day.

·
Super Moderator
21,971 Posts
spidertrax 1.5" spacers will be perfect.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Another option is getting rims with the correct amount of backspacing, I have 12mm offset and they don't rub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the standard rims and decent set of 35inch tyres cheap, so was just gonna stick with them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It astounds me how many people don't have google in 2016. We should start a campaign.
Or maybe just do what good forum members in the Jeep world do and help each other out when they have a questions. Just a thought. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Or maybe just do what good forum members in the Jeep world do and help each other out when they have a questions. Just a thought. :jawdrop:
This topic comes up 5x's a day. I am all for helping people out, but this is called enabling lazy. Hence the 300 views and 6 replies. :mooning: If he legit is that new to the whole internet thing at least now he knows.

"Your Question + Jeep Wrangler Forum" into google shows all sorts of good stuff.

There now we can be friends again.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I am assuming you have 35x12.50R17 tires, so with the offset do they stick out past the fender flares? What size rims are you using?
35x12.5xR18 they stick out 2" inches on each side I would say.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
When are you going to do some mods to that rig? :)
Hehee, just about finished. Running out of ideas. Might soon be time for a 2 door for the wife.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
This topic comes up 5x's a day. I am all for helping people out, but this is called enabling lazy. Hence the 300 views and 6 replies. :mooning: If he legit is that new to the whole internet thing at least now he knows.
I have Google but I also have a button that allows me to move to the next thread if I don't find one interesting, it's really easy to do - you should Google it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
This forum specifically allows for the same questions over and over to be more inviting. It's pragmatic to keep membership up and people happy and participating. Another forum I'm on will ban you in a heart beat for any number of rule violations like not searching common topics. Sometimes I like to hang out with the "richards" over there, because the tech is so good and easy to search. Race car drivers/builders can be like that. This forum is harder to sort through info sometimes, but most folks seem to have a sunnier disposition.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This forum specifically allows for the same questions over and over to be more inviting. It's pragmatic to keep membership up and people happy and participating. Another forum I'm on will ban you in a heart beat for any number of rule violations like not searching common topics. Sometimes I like to hang out with the "richards" over there, because the tech is so good and easy to search. Race car drivers/builders can be like that. This forum is harder to sort through info sometimes, but most folks seem to have a sunnier disposition.
I agree... To an extent. I don't care for the search Nazi and this is a forum so obviously questions are warranted.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This forum specifically allows for the same questions over and over to be more inviting. It's pragmatic to keep membership up and people happy and participating.
I totally agree.

Another forum I'm on will ban you in a heart beat for any number of rule violations like not searching common topics. Sometimes I like to hang out with the "richards" over there, because the tech is so good and easy to search. Race car drivers/builders can be like that. This forum is harder to sort through info sometimes, but most folks seem to have a sunnier disposition.
I belong to a number of forums (have way too many hobbies) and on one forum there is someone that has compiled a list of threads/web links which he will post when a similar thread is posted. I think new folks, and some veterans, find this to be very helpful. Perhaps if someone is frustrated with duplicate threads they can provide a similar service which may also help cut down on constant repeat threads.

Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts